God's Promises

10:18 AM


My husband and I recently had a month long visit to America. We spent the first 2 weeks road tripping down the California coast and Grand Canyon and another 2 visiting our family in New Jersey. While the trip was incredibly blessed, the only downside was that I ceased spending quality time with God and mostly rushed through my devotionals. God wants us to prioritise spending time with Him and it's now clear to me how crucial it is. One thing He's been impressing upon me a lot lately (because it takes me a while sometimes) is the need to not only read Scripture, but to really study and commit it to our brains - especially His promises to us.

When we know where we stand in Christ we can confidently resist the enemy. It's so empowering to say: "NO. I know what God says about this: "related verse here"!" to the voices of anxiety, doubt and fear that used to rule my life.

The Bible is the source of:

  • Truth: "Sanctify them by Your truth; Your word is truth - John 17:17
  • God's blessing: "But He said, 'More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it'" - Luke 11:28
  • Victory: "...the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God" - Ephesians 6:17
  • Growth: "As newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby" - Peter 2:2
  • Power: "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek" - Romans 1:16
  • Guidance: "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path" - Psalm 119:105
That being said, here are some beautiful promises from God to strengthen our minds, comfort our souls and build up our faith in Him alone.

Salvation

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. - John 3:16-17

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. - Revelation 3:20

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me.” - John 14:6

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. - Ephesians 2:8,9

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! - 2 Corinthians 5:17

Assurance

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:28

Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. - Isaiah 40:30-31

The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” - Jeremiah 29:11

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. - Hebrews 13:8

The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. - 2 Peter 3:9

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. - Lamentations 3:22-23

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. - 2 Corinthians 12:9

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. - Matthew 11:28-30

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:38-39

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for your feedback.